#the last 4 were tied with like 8 other pairings but i picked my favorites
#i think what we've learned from this
#is that i read every avengers pairing
#and a ton of het for aaron sorkin shows
→ most read het pairings
- Mako Mori/Raleigh Becket (Pacific Rim)
- Clint Barton/Natasha Romanoff (Avengers)
- Tony Stark/Pepper Potts (Avengers)
- Clint Barton/Darcy Lewis (Avengers)
- Josh Lyman/Donna Moss (The West Wing)
- Artemis Crock/Wally West (Young Justice)
- Steve Rogers/Darcy Lewis (Avengers)
- Derek Morgan/Penelope Garcia (Criminal Minds)
- Kit Rodriguez/Nita Callahan (Young Wizards)
- Steve Rogers/Natasha Romanoff (Avengers)
- Joan Watson/Sherlock Holmes (Elementary)
- Corny Collins/Motormouth Maybelle (Hairspray)
- Buffy Summers/Spike (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
- Nolan Ross/Emily Thorne (Revenge)
- Jack Rudolph/Jordan McDeere (Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip)
- Jeremy Goodwin/Natalie Hurley (Sports Night)
- Ned/Chuck Charles (Pushing Daisies)
- Peter Wimsey/Harriet Vane (Gaudy Night)
- Dan Rydell/Natalie Hurley (Sports Night)
- Elizabeth Bennet/Fitzwilliam Darcy (Pride & Prejudice)
#THEY DON’T WRITE EM LIKE THIS ANYMORE
[echoes of eleven blowing up cybermen to get information in the distance]
People who don’t love Nine are the dumbest.
People think that Nine is dark sullen and a killer. They’re wrong. Nine not dark. He’s light and happy and in love. He wear a leather jacket and is the closest Doctor the the Time War but he is not dark. He is a light person who is fighting his dark past. He knows what he’s done and is fighting to write his wrongs. He just wants everyone to live.
Eleven on the other hand is the exact opposite. People think he’s a puppy in a fez. They’re wrong. He is not happy and joyful. He’s careless. He is having adventures while ruining lives and killing people. He is the man who forgets. He has forgotten the pain he felt after what he did and now is so comfortable killing.
He doesn’t remember Nine. Nine, the Doctor with depression. Nine, the Doctor who fell in love with an nineteen year old shop girl who didn’t need a magic back story to be special. Nine, the Doctor who went and saved his friends without killing. Nine, the Doctor who chose to lose instead of causing loss.
Nine chooses to give up being a god. Eleven pretends he is a god. Nine would make a merciful god. Eleven acts like a vengeful god. Nine is a puppy in a leather jacket. Eleven is a a killer in a fez.
Wow, that just summed up my feelings on where Doctor Who has gone better than anything else I’ve read.
(Source: winterinthetardis, via i-swear-ur-heartless)
The book I’m reading now (on the subject of weird thematic resonances) also draws not a little from Peter Pan, which given I saw Finding Neverland and then watched Hook last night, feels a bit resonant itself